Sunday, October 31, 2010

He Wears The Coolest Suede Shoes When I Come in With the Blues

The weekend started off on a bad, bad note.  I got the world's worst haircut on Friday.  Generally, getting my haircut is my most favorite thing, next to spinning and knitting.  This experience has left me looking like Prince Valiant on a good day.  I will take the half of the blame in this situation though.  First, I called last minute to a new place to see if there was any openings.  She scheduled me for an appointment right away and I was there on time.  When I walked in, I noticed  the salon was celebrating Halloween and my stylist was dressed as Elvis.  He was having some serious issues trying to keep his tassels out of the way and his scissors straight.  This guy gave me the exact opposite of what I asked for.  Literally:  opposite.  I should have said something, but I felt like I would be imposing because he was in such a hurry.  But, I rarely complain in a service setting.  So, here I am with this ridiculous hair.  I guess I should be happy that I had Elvis and not the guy in the Lady Gaga costume.  Lady Gaga's outfit was really unwieldy.  At least this experience has given me the excuse I need to start working on hats.  Maybe I can rock a Raggedy Ann yarn wig?  It would certainly be an improvement to what my head looks like now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment