Monday, October 18, 2010

I Was Working in the Lab Late One Night

Boy, we have a lot to cover.  I have had thoughts running through my head this weekend and I will try to remember them all. 
1.  30 Rock fans out there?  Well, this past week, Alec Baldwin's character took up knitting and popped out with a shawl.  It reminded me of how many different movies and TV shows reference knitting and have little props to go with it.  How can I be a stunt knitter in the movies?  I will position yarn in aesthetically appealing ways in a kitschy basket.  And!  I can knit a mean shawl.  
2.  I finally finished my last sock.  Somehow, not as gratifying as it should have been.  I think I let that project ferment too long and it lost its luster once I bound off the toes.  And, I don't even wear socks.  The socks are officially out of my system.  The next time that I cast on socks, I want someone to remind me of this feeling right now. 
3.  This weekend, I went with some couples to a haunted farm situation for Halloween.  There was an unsettling phenomenon in the portrayal of scary ghosts dressed like old ladies with knitting paraphernalia.  One ghost was an old lady in a rocking chair, rocking about a hundred miles an hour.  Next to her chair, knitting needles.  You don't ever see creepy old men as golfers in a haunted house, just old spinsters.  There is apparently nothing more frightening than an old single lady.  Ooooh!  Spooky!
4.  The snickers is gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment