Sunday, October 24, 2010

You Can't Have One Without the Other

Tonight, I started my second journey into dyeing in the wool.  I decided to take the alpaca I have carded to do a blue/turquoise blend.  I am pretty excited about how it turned out.  I have one skein on the wheel now, and when that is complete, I am going to spin the blue alpaca.  I have yet to work with alpaca fiber on a wheel, so I am a bit geeky in saying that I can't wait. 
I hosted our knitting party tonight.  Along with the usual chatter and Sister Wives marathon playing in the background, there was a soundtrack of an nondescript horror movie playing from the guy across the courtyard.  He must be watching Saw.  That is the only thing I can figure.  At first, I was confused at what could possibly be happening on Sister Wives to warrant that much screaming.  Emerging from the kitchen, I realized that it was the guy across the way.  I am oddly drawn to Sister Wives and the more I think about it, the gay marriage advocates and the polygamists should get on the same page, in regards to marriage freedom.  Unlikely allies?  Yes.  Same basic goal?  Absolutely.  My only main issue with Sister Wives is that guy's goatee.  Yuck.  To make it fair, I could have 4 husbands.  But, that sounds like a terrible plan with a lot of work, not even remotely appealing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment