Tuesday, October 19, 2010

In a World that Keeps on Pushin' Me Around

I was sitting in my house today, knitting quietly, watching "Cheaters" on G4.  As I left to pick up Mr. Cutthroat for a hot, diet friendly date, I picked up a note left at our doorstep.  To paraphrase, it said:  You guys get up early, yada yada yada, you are heavy walkers, I wished we lived on the top floor, blah blah blah, we should hang sometime if you stop being so loud, sincerely - condescending neighbors.  I don't jump out of bed everyday and do a jig.  I do, on the other hand, wear concrete slippers.  Maybe that's the problem.  But, I am not mad about the letter.  I get it.  I am slightly annoyed at the letter itself.  The margins were justified.  There were italics.  There were abbreviated names.  Bleh.  The most annoying, nails-on-chalkboard, terribleness of all is that they carved a pumpkin 2 weeks ago and it sits outside their door.  Amateur hour on the floor below.  It is too early to carve a pumpkin!  It is already molding.  I would like to write back some instructions on how to not be lame on or around Halloween.  It seems like they have bigger problems to worry about then my concrete slippers.  But, I digress.  I am going to take a cue from the video below and get going on some kitten mittens.

1 comment: