Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sometime, Anytime, Sugar Me Sweet

Today, I reached a low point.  The lowest point you can imagine, plus a few more feet down.  I am in the midst of a diet, and not one that includes forgetting to eat because I am in the midst of feverish knitting.  Today walking home and for the past few days, I have seen a half eaten snickers bar just carelessly tossed on the sidewalk.  I may have fantasized about what it would be like to eat it.  I have calculated the points in my head the past couple of times walking by it (3.5 to my best estimate).  I didn't pick it up.  I know that would be crossing the line.  But, I definitely thought about it.  A lot.  Now, I am going back to feverish knitting to keep me from baking something ridiculous and thus blowing my diet.   How will I ever get past this Halloween with fun size candy everywhere?  Maybe I could knit a picture of myself at my heaviest and it will keep my hands busy and at the same time serve as reinforcement.  This is an idea I need to explore...

No comments:

Post a Comment