Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's Breathing Down Your Neck

Last night was the first night in a few weeks that I have had the opportunity to bring out my spinning wheel.  I have been getting a lot of special orders through Etsy and friends and friends of friends.  And, because of this, I haven't had time to spin.  Let me be clear:  I am not complaining.  At this point, I have 6 ounces of carded alpaca that I am going to spend my day off tomorrow dyeing.  My goal this weekend is to finish up a knitting order and put up a skein on Etsy.  Basically, I am turning this place into a boot camp.  No one is safe.  I've got a lot of projects on the horizon and we are already getting into the holiday season.  There is no flexibility when knitting a gift for someone to give at Christmas.  Either you knit it on time and come through like a champ, or you utterly fail and they are without a present to give.  Perhaps if we can make Martin Luther King Jr. Day a national gift giving holiday, then it would give an extra few weeks and take some of the pressure off of the December 25th deadline.  I don't see that happening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment