Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Just One Sock, Now Baby I Believe

I can't remember the last time I commuted to work without hearing the song "Teenage Dream" by Katy Perry.  It appears to be on everyday, at any point in the day, either on the radio or on my IPod.  I cannot remember what my commute was like before "Teenage Dream," and maybe I don't want to.  That's how I feel about knitting my socks.  I started this project several months ago.  The first one, I zipped right through.  I was so excited about my progress that I forgot to do the other one.  Now, I am stuck in the middle of this &*^$ other sock.  I cannot remember what my life was like before I was knitting this second sock.  And, that is something I would rather forget.  Knitting socks always seems like a good idea at the time.  Then, you remember you have two feet.  I know that if I just sat down and committed to the sock, I could make it happen.  But, I can never justify spending time on things that are only for me.  It is a crime that socks take this long to produce.  They seem so small, and it lures me in with the fancy sock yarns.  No one ever sees them, though.  I need to try out baby booties.  With those, I could get the thrill of making socks out of my system for much smaller feet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment