Thursday, October 14, 2010

To Dream the Impossible Dream

Over the years, I have had a lot of goals.   Some are legitimate like start my own online yarn business and visit all the states.  Some are less than legitimate like become the world's first woman non-catholic pope and make out with Steve from Blue's Clues.  One of my new goals in life is to somehow find myself in the Cash Cab.  I know that I am going to have to work really hard or be really lucky to make this happen.  But, I make my own luck, much like the guy who made it on to a lifeboat in Titanic.  A few obstacles that I have immediately pinpointed are not living in New York City and the fact I would need to find one in 13,087 cabs.  When I get on that show, I am not going to speak superfluously.  Absolutely no jokes or cheering!  That is the number 1 problem with the people on that show.  Don't they understand he can ask more questions if they shut up!?  More questions equals more money.  To put this into motion, I need to take extended leave from work and relocate Cutthroat Yarn to the streets of NYC.  This isn't going to net any money, even if I make it into the Cash Cab.  They give out less than 2k.  But, a dream is a dream. 

3 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to see you in the Cash Cab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When in New York, I only flag down van cabs to increase my chances of getting on Cash Cab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wouldn't love it. I am terrible at recalling facts in a timed situation. Also, good tip on only hailing taxi vans!

    ReplyDelete