Saturday, October 16, 2010

Electric Youth!

The stocking-for-hire is going along quite well.  I am trucking through at a steady pace, as you can see here.  I really geeked it up today when I was trying to write a pattern in the middle of my stocking to spell out Merry Christmas.  I broke out an excel spreadsheet and graphed it out with colored cells.  Flipped it.  Reversed it.  Knitted it.  And, since I was never into playing musical instruments, it is physically impossible to "toot my own horn" but, it.. looks.. good.  To clarify, to look "good" means that it just needs to be legible.  I didn't want to make a stocking that said "Debby Gibsonas."  Knitting Rs are hard.  And, one better, knitting people into a stocking to the point where they don't look like aliens, also difficult.  I like having projects that are challenging.  I get bored pretty quickly with scarves and need to excite it up.  I may start making snowman sweaters, much to my mother-in-law's excitement.  By the way, she has been trying to get me to make a snowman sweater since I started knitting.  I just keep telling her I am allergic to knitted snowmen.  She is going to need to get her sweater from http://www.buyuglysweaters.com.  On that note, some of those sweaters are sold out!  My mother-in-law must have some kindred spirits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment