Thursday, October 28, 2010

All the Sweetcraze are Gone

Starting your own business is hard.  Dieting is worse. 
I have been devoting all my spare time towards making yarn, custom orders, and other knits.  Now that I have started selling items, I feel a second wind of energy to get projects done to beef up the site.  I have taken on a lot of challenges this season with starting Cutthroat and Weight Watchers.  I came from a profession where my brain was always running, I was always busy.  Now, I feel like I have a lot of time.  Time to think.  Time to judge.  Time to be bored.  And, one can only read so many Tori Spelling books before you need to find something else to fill your thoughts.  Doing Cutthroat Yarn has kept my hands busy with a hobby I love.  Getting back into shape, a reasonable shape, has been more challenging.  The diet has occupied every aspect of worry of which my brain is capable.  I feel like I am forever bartering with myself, 'if I eat this fudge cookie, I will only eat lettuce for the rest of the day.'  Some days, I feel like I would trade my cat for an ice cream snickers.  But, only Mr. Cutthroat's cat. 
My brain is filled with food points and wool, which has edged thoughts of glitter and kittens out to an acceptable level for a person who isn't a preteen.  But, four orders and thirteen pounds feels pretty good, until that ice cream snickers craving hits.  

No comments:

Post a Comment