Monday, October 11, 2010

If We Took a Holiday

God, I love Christopher Columbus.  There's nothing better than getting a day off of work to celebrate a guy who basically walked into someone's house and said, "Hey, I am discovering your place.  And, I am going to call it India."  Love it.  I will admit that today is probably the most ridiculous holiday that we get off.  To be fair, Mr. Cutthroat has a rougher gig than I do.  He is working hard under the florescent lighting.  Here I am-spending the time at home on a beautiful day rather than sitting in a cubicle.  Other holidays, ie. Veteran's Day, there is a legitimate reason for celebrating.  Columbus Day is literally celebrating some bully.  To celebrate this example of colonialism, I am going to knit the hell out of this Christmas stocking in the name of Columbus Day.  But, maybe after the sun sets.  It is way too beautiful outside that I can't sit still.  I could barely get this blog post done with the sun shining in my face. 

1 comment:

  1. For more reasons than this post even reveals...you are hilarious...you knit the hell out of that stocking and like it!

    ReplyDelete