Thursday, September 30, 2010

What's Wrong Baby? Don't They Eat You Like They Should?

Tis the season for fiber festivals and my #1 goal is to attend as many as humanly possible.  Because of this, Mr. Cutthroat is trying to convince me to take him along.  He knows that left alone to roam through tents of yarn and wool, it is only going to be bad for our budget.  Mr. Cutthroat is feigning interest in the sheep dog trials and he knows this will pay off in the long run when I don't bring home an alpaca to live in my yarn loft.  And, believe me, I am not above having an alpaca in my yarn loft.
Lately, I have been keeping a journal of ideas, and as a result, I have a huge list of things to buy at the fiber festival.  I'd like to find a drum carder so I can start with a fleece to take it from the sheep all the way through to the finished product.  If I can keep my husband away from my purchases, I should be able to acquire enough to keep me in fiber all the way through to next year.  Maybe, just maybe, my husband will enjoy himself in the gyro and kabob section of the festival.  By the way, I was woefully unprepared for the gyro and kabob section of my first sheep and wool festival.  There is something totally morbid about a festival dedicated to every part of an animal, from raising it to wearing it to eating it.  Don't get me wrong, I am a gyro fan.  It's just that it is hard to eat a gyro while staring a sheep and carrying around bags of its fleece.  They look at you and you know they know.  I will power through the 'baa' sounds and eat that gyro with the best of them, and I will go home and enjoy my fleece.  

2 comments:

  1. jeannette, i've been keeping up with your blog and you've done it. you've sucked me in. i've decided to learn to knit. that combinded with living within a mile of brenda's house, i will probably end up spinning. i've been sucked in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I am happy to hear I have lured another person to the dark side!
    Also, your blog is such a good read!

    ReplyDelete