Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's A Difficulty and I'm Biting On My Tounge

Tonight I posted a skein I finished over the weekend as seen here:  Cutthroat Yarn on Etsy.  It was beautiful to spin because it was part silk.  It was my first time with a silk blend and it was so smooth and really made a gorgeous skein.  The best part of spinning and dyeing skeins is coming up with cutesy names for each.  It does require some major self-editing on my behalf, however.  Sometimes I would like to display the sarcastic nature of my personality, but I have to realize that not everyone would get the humor of a skein entitled "Rainbow Sherbet on Meth."  Is this what it is like when it comes time to name your children?  I have taken some creative liberties with naming the furrier members of the Cutthroat family.  But, the only embarrassing part is when you take them to the veterinarian.  I have to face facts that when the time comes and if we are blessed with having our very own baby models for bonnets and booties, I will have to rein it in much like on Etsy.  Farewell to our well thought out children's names Tecumseh Lincoln Springsteen III and Lady Debbie Gibson Snugglepants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment