Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I've Got My Toes in the Water, Knitting in the Sand

This weekend, I took a break from Cutthroat and the world.  With family in town, we celebrated Labor Day like everyone else within driving distance to water--at the beach.  I brought knitting along, but I am always worried the sand will permanently invade my project, in this case socks, and I will forever be finding sand in my toes.  I didn't pull it out once I was parked under my umbrella.  I did get a great idea for a pattern though, sort of like a swim suit cover up, and I will be taking some time to write the pattern this week. Maybe a knitted bikini would be hot-literally and figuratively.  It would likely be see-through and it would most certainly need to be as light weight as possible.  A knitted bikini could serve a niche in the polar bear plunge community where you would need a warm suit.  And really, what's warmer than wool?  What an itchy concept for an article of clothing!  That does not sound lady part friendly.  I'll knit up one and have Mr. Cutthroat model it.  Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment