Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sheep Go to Heaven, Goats Go to Hell

I have been working to formulate a solid argument for why it is financially sound for me to purchase a sheep.  There is so much technical information for clueless, would-be sheep herders like myself who think they can never have too much wool. But, a serious lack of dollars and cents.  This article is kind of my favorite:  Get Started in Raising Sheep.  The best part of the article is where it says you must be strong to own a sheep in order to "flip a sheep over for various activities."  Whoa.  This just got real.  Furthermore, I think I just want a sterile sheep.  I accidentally saw picture of a ewe getting ready to give birth and I'm not prepared for those bells and whistles.  An old lady sheep that isn't into doin' it would be perfect.  And, even if it is a lady sheep, I will name it Mr. Fidgets.  There's no way anyone can find a better name for a sheep.  But, I digress.  I'm starting to get a good background for what it takes to be a sheep owner, but no financial information.  Is this going to be as expensive as boarding a horse?  More research to be done, less graphic pictures viewed. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was just laughing my butt off reading this. you are so above and beyond normal in a great way. i miss you.

    ReplyDelete