Thursday, September 9, 2010

I'll Keep Yarn My Dirty Little Secret. Who Has to Know?

America seems to be totally into hoarders these days.  Every other channel has some kind of hoarding program or special.  And, I, like the rest of America, am oddly fascinated.  The best one, by far, is the Animal Planet's take on the hoarding situation with Confessions in Animal Hoarding.  I pull up my wheel to the couch and tune in.  Every other minute, I'm rewinding to do a double take.  How do you not notice the situation going on in your house when every thing you own is covered in cat urine?  I have a hard enough time trying to keep my cats out of my yarn.  If they peed on it, oh hell no.  These shows have put out the call for hoarding freaks and it has been answered 10 fold.  It's almost like a competition to see which hoarder can have the most desperate situation.  Mr. Cutthroat has accused me on an occasion or two of being a yarn hoarder.  And, that is the main reason I record them and force the recordings on him.  I want him to have a healthy sense that it could always be worse.  Watching that has made me anxious- I need to go declutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment