Thursday, September 2, 2010

It's Like The More Roving We Come Across, The More Problems We See

Sometimes I have these projects that just wear on for what seems like decades.  Right now, I am (and have been) spinning 2 pounds of merino wool that seem to be reproducing at a rate that I cannot spin fast enough to stave off.  I can feel the downward slide coming as we start to approach the holidays as the other non-yarn aspects of my life start hitting me.  Like a shark, I need to keep moving, stay productive.  In a couple weeks, we'll be moving ourselves and the furrier members of our family into a new place.  The thought of all the tasks that come with moving is overwhelming.  But, on the upside, I have convinced Mr. Cutthroat to make the new loft space into my spinning, knitting emporium.  And, when I say convinced, I mean left my yarn all over the house until it became such an annoyance that he was forced into making the loft space all mine, kitty free.  Hopefully, this new loft will give me just the solitude I need to finish off the merino roving.  Or, maybe this venture will end up like when I played guitar in middle/high school.  I would sit in my room thinking about boys and then when I heard any authority figures headed up the stairs, I quickly strummed a note to make it sound like I was practicing.  60% of the time, it worked every time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment