Saturday, September 11, 2010

Girl Talk About the Knitting Too

I learned to knit a very short time ago by a small group of yarn savvy ladies at the end of 2008.  Before they took me under their wing at their Ktog meetings, I was totally clueless.  Although I am grateful they have passed on their knowledge, I feel like I should be upset that they have turned me on to a hobby that has taken over my life.  Now that I have moved, I have taken the Ktog spirit with me to my new home.  Every week, we get together to drink some wine, talk about relationships, then eventually knit.  East Coast Ktog has seen a number of breakups.  No relationship is safe under our mighty microscope.  Because of this, the men-folk are all up in arms about a ladies only group where they are often the topic of conversation.  They attempt to limit conversation with arbitrary restrictions on what we can discuss.  Mr. Cutthroat is seemingly immune to the topics of conversation because he figures everyone already knows everything anyway.  But, I always get the "What do you guys talk about?" and  "Did anyone mention me?"  from other significant others and crushes.  My lips are sealed.  Maybe fears would be quelled with a men's only party to discuss our relationships?  Actually, scratch that.  That makes me worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment