Sunday, January 30, 2011

I Like Glitter and Sparkly Dresses

Today has been a rough day.  I spent the majority of last night tossing and turning, checking the clock, all in anticipation of the Taylor Swift Presale.  I woke up in plenty of time and between my husband and I, we were working the phones and every available computer/device to get good seats.  How is it that I did not get floor seats??  I am thinking that the next presale for fan club members, of which I am a member, will have the good seats.  There is a lot of strategy involved and at the end of the day, I may end up with the tickets I have today and the tickets I buy next week.  Nonetheless, I will have tickets.  Yeah, I know I am 20 years older than any of her other fans.  But, unlike those 9 year olds, I have a job and I can buy my own tickets.  This is the definite advantage of being old and having a husband who's sole job it is to get awesome seats.  Suck on that!  I will say that the preteen girls have been instrumental in shedding light on the presale process.  And to repay them for their help, I will not sell my unused tickets for $895 a piece.  I will make sure a preteen girl gets them for face value.  Which, by the way, $500-900 is the going rate for the scalpers post-presale today.  That is so wrong, it is unbelievable.  Who would pay that for any concert??  I will not take advantage of the situation.  But, once we get into the show, I will push a preteen girl to the ground if Taylor Swift comes close enough to me.  She surveys the crowd for superfans to bring backstage and I will do whatever it takes to get her attention.  I should start sewing together tiny pieces of glitter to make a full dress tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment