Wednesday, January 12, 2011

You Live For the Fight When That's All That You've Got

I can do so much while knitting.  I am pretty awesome at multi-tasking.  Often, Mr. Cutthroat feels neglected by my need to knit and spin.  Last night, he resurrected the Wii, as it has been sitting dormant since the move.  I don't like to brag and all, but I am pretty awesome at Guitar Hero.  But, as much as I like playing it, I like knitting more.  So, I managed to combine hanging out with my husband and knitting by--wait for it--putting my microphone in my shirt.  I can knit and sing at the same time, and rock them both.  The downside is that I can only do songs by heart.  The upside, I finished my angora cowl scarf.  Quality time, check.  Scarf, check.  High score on Living on a Prayer, check. 
Today, I went to the hand doctor for some repetitive motion issue and I brought my knitting.  If I am going to sit in a waiting room, I need to make the most of my time.  Multi-tasking!  Although, this time the multi-tasking made me feel dirty.  I was sitting in a hand surgeon's office doing something that causes problems for hands.  It was like bringing a Whopper to a Weight Watchers meeting.  It was like bringing heroin to rehab.  It was wrong, and I saw the irony.  I will be paying the price when I have to take a mandatory 2 week vacation from my knitting and spinning.  Then, I will have to hold my own microphone and be totally engaged in activities without the yarn.  So depressing.

1 comment:

  1. I now want to play Guitar Hero with you...or any other game that requires actual involvement-just to see how you handle it! ;)

    ReplyDelete