Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Don't Think We're Not Serious

I had a plan.  My plan was to finally make it home for Mother's Day.  I got my plane ticket and told LDubs to clear her schedule.  Then, da da daaaaa, I checked the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival schedule and it is the same weekend!  This festival is the best sheep and wool festival in the country.  I want to do the lock in.  I want to do the auction.  I want to buy a sheep, well maybe not, but I want to entertain the thought.  If it was a random weekend home with LDubs, no question that the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival would win out every time.  But, it is Mother's Day.  I feel like it is every daughters obligation to follow through on the promise to go home.  But, I do have a brother.  It isn't like he has a festival to go to.  Isn't it pointless to delay a good visit?  I could just go home the weekend before Mother's Day and it would be better because it is sooner.  I am sure that sooner is always better.  I could just protest Mother's Day as a Hallmark holiday?  Who the hell planned this festival for this stupid weekend??  Maybe some of us don't have knitting mothers who want to bond over wool! 

So, wish me luck at the festival.  The lock in is going to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment