Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Wasting My Time in the Waiting Line

So, in a continuation of Thanksgivingy posts, I have to talk about Black Friday. 
Yes, I am one of those people.  I stand in line for bargains with hundreds thousands of people to save $10, maybe $20, on gadgets that will probably be just as cheap in a few weeks.  For me, it is the best part about Thanksgiving.  Being thankful for the year and family and friends, yada yada yada is the point.  I get that in a perfect world, that is the best part of Thanksgiving.  But, in my world, I am thankful for that stuff all year long so I take the Friday after Thanksgiving to elbow people for a Garmin.  My trooper of a husband was so good at sticking to my shopping strategy.  You have to get in, get someone in line immediately while the other people shop.  That is a rookie mistake that many amateur Black Friday shoppers make.  If you have a lot of places to visit, you can't waste time in the line waiting to check out.  This year, at Staples, they had a line wrapping around the store.  We were at the very first corner of the bend in 30 degree weather.  Some guy gets out of his car and hops in line behind us.  After about 5 to 10 minutes of waiting there, he looks at me and says, "What is this line for?"  Yes, he saw a random line and decided to get in it, and eventually got out when he found out there was nothing there for free.  I can say that I have never gotten in a line because I saw one.  I feel like that is something I need to do.  The very next long line I see, I am going to jump in it with an open heart, hoping for something free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment