Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I've Been Everywhere, Man

Phew.  What a week!  I just got back from vacation, thus the long absence.  There is nothing worse than going from a nice, warm, sunny climate to the frigid winter.  As a knitter, I make it a point to check out knitting shops in every new city I visit.  I have, at times, bought a lot of yarn and had trouble transporting it back.  This time, I was able to curtail any kind of extravagant purchase.  I have so much going on that I can't even imagine adding to my yarn or fiber stash.  Not to mention, Mr. Cutthroat would notice.  And, I said that I wouldn't buy anymore yarn or Christmas ornaments.  (Fingers crossed behind my back.)  I love checking out new knitting stores in new cities.  Sometimes they have the same types of yarns, and on occasion, they have something totally unique that you have never seen before.  New Orleans had a great little yarn shop that reflected the cramped neighborhood.  Denver had beautiful fibers and the author of one of my spinning books as an owner.  Nags Head had so many beach knits and great yarn for the beach.  Just like the city, Des Moines had a great hidden trendiness.  West Virginia had eco-friendly, hippie yarn.  Damn, I have bought a lot of yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment