Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pull This Thread as I Walk Away

I am interested in the next frontier in my knitting:  full scale sweaters.  Up until now, I can make scarves, socks, hats, purses, and jumpers.  But, I have yet to knit an entire sweater.  I know that I possess all of the skills to make it happen, I just haven't been brave enough to try it yet.  My fear is that I throw all that time and energy (and yarn) into a sweater and it turns out looking like Theo Huxtable's Gordon Gartrelle shirt.  (I know the Gordon Gartrelle shirt is such an obscure reference, but if you remember it, this example totally makes sense.)  I am going to start small with sweaters, that much I know for sure.  I was going to start with a baby.  But, there is something more abundant already available in my household:  kitties.  I am going to start small with a no nonsense cardigan for one of my furry frienemies.  Then, once I master that, I am going to move on to children.  I have so much yarn that I have purchased over the years in hopes that someday it would make a cute sweater.  Now is the time to make it happen.  I am declaring 2011 the year of the sweater.  Maybe, just maybe, next year I will have a Christmas card that will have all four members of the Cutthroat Family in matching sweaters.  Code:  I will be buying 4 matching sweaters next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment