Thursday, December 9, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside

I have never been a fan of winter.  I have lived all over and I feel as if I have lived in cities where they are famous for winter.  But, it has never really grown on me.  I hate being cold.  In my opinion, the worst part of winter is when your alarm goes off in the morning, your heat hasn't adjusted to the awake hours, and you have to get up to take a shower.  Over the course of my life, I will have spent hours convincing my husband to shower first.  I keep a bedside journal of excuses I can use in the future.  In the spirit of this, I am going to knit a blanket for our bed.  In theory, this should be an easy project.  But, I need to make a good pattern so I don't get bored.  I think with a project of that size it is easy to get annoyed with the time it takes to knit.  I am pretty sure that after spending the time to knit a cozy blanket for my bed, I am surely not going to be able to get out.  This could mean the difference between me employed with no blanket and unemployed, living like a cat sleeping all day long under my blanket.  This could be the fork in the road of which the tarot card reader spoke.  Ah, what does she know?  We saw her later in a bar spending my $25 in a video poker machine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment