Sunday, December 19, 2010

Wish I'd Never Grown Up

It's official: I am way old.  Today, my husband and I turned on an old 80's movie today.   The movie featured a cameo by none other than 80's character Yakov Smirnoff.  If you are like me, you forgot Yakov even existed until seeing him again.  Mr. Cutthroat had never heard of the comedic magic of Yakov.  And, by comedic magic, I mean joke after joke after joke about why America is better than Russia.  I have married a man that has missed out on Yakov.  He is too young to remember and that is depressing.  He probably doesn't even know about Teddy Ruxpin or Glo-worms!  I am on the downward slope towards middle age, while Mr. Cutthroat is still basking in the sunshine of his youth.  What is my life going to be like when I don't get carded anymore?  Alcohol free, that's what. 
Back to Yakov, do you know that he is a professor in Branson, Missouri?  Obviously, if you are Yakov Smirnoff, Branson is a no-brainer choice of where to go when you have worn out all your jokes about Communism.  This week, we will be looking up a lot of Yakov on YouTube to get my husband up to speed on 80's pop culture.  America!  What a country!

No comments:

Post a Comment