Thursday, December 30, 2010

Forces Pulling From the Center of the Earth Again

Today was a banner day in the Cutthroat household.  I started to unpack the things in my boxes from home.  Lo and behold, I found my journals from middle school and high school.  Oh, the drama!  Are all teenage girls that dramatic?  Also, I had a crush on every boy who had a name with a vowel.  At one point in the journal, I had just resorted to names with hearts around them.  There were poems.  There was parental venting.  The single best part of the whole thing is some story about some dance and as a side note in the middle, it read, "by the way, I now have a brother!"  Those journals were everything I remembered.  PS.  Did anyone else listen to Live - Throwing Copper on repeat while making out?  I wish I could just go back and tell myself:  you are going to meet the greatest man someday and he will always call you back.  I am going to hang on to this writing just in case we have a girl at some point who turns out even a tenth as hormonal as I was.  My journal reminded me that my hobbies, besides chasing boys, included some mean ceramics.  I hope my hormonal girl, if I ever have one, will be a knitter.  I'm sure if she is rebellious, she will be a crocheter.  Even worse, she will probably be into dogs.  Gasp! 

No comments:

Post a Comment