Tuesday, March 8, 2011

They're Worth So Much More After I’m a Goner

Right now, I am knitting a coffee cup cozy.  Or, it could be coozy.  I think it is a regional difference.  Anyway, I am knitting it on my countdown to surgery.  That's right, surgery.  I have grown a cyst on my wrist from all the mouse movement at work, along with knitting and spinning.  I'm not particularly worried about the surgery itself, except that I will be totally awake for it.  I am worried about having to be without my knitting needles for the next week or so.  I've got a lot of things to get knitting on and I don't have the luxury to sit around with my hand in the air.  What if my fingers don't work after this surgery?  I'm not worried, but what if that did happen?  Aside from surgery, what if I die someday?  If I ever die (if I will or won't is still up in the air), I hope that I get something totally awesome accomplished.  What if the last thing I knit in this world is a coffee cozy coozy?  That is not how I would want my legacy, even if I walked in front of a bus tomorrow.  I also don't want to be buried in my first sweater.  My first socks?  Sure.  One of my furry frienemies dressed in a little sweater?  Definitely. 
I wonder if I was making a cozy coozy when I kicked bucket, whether it would be worth more money because of my early departure?  The same for my yarn.  If I am going to leave Mr. Cutthroat with any sort of retirement planning, I am going to need to show him how to raise prices on www.cutthroatyarn.com.  Enough writing for now!  I need to finish the cozy coozy and quickly start a blanket before Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment