Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It was Red and Yellow and Green and Brown and Blue...

A Guest Blog by Mr. Cutthroat...
Since Mrs. Cutthroat is healing from her surgery late last week, I'm taking over several tasks in the Cutthroat Household.  I've been helping Mrs. Cutthroat with her dyeing, which is the only thing she's tried since the surgery, and we've dyed some great new yarn.  The colors are a vivid orange, red and yellow, which is different than her normal blues and purples, and should be incredibly beautiful.  I've been in charge of rinsing.  This is the most important job (contrary to what Mrs. Cutthroat says).  So look for Mr. Cutthroat's yellow, red and orange yarn coming soon.  It will be the colorful yarn that looks like it belongs on Joseph and Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.  During my younger days, I was one of Joseph's brothers in a community theater production.  Mrs. Cutthroat loves to hear the stories of my musical days (insert sarcasm here).  Now that I've ventured down the road of being the "Cutthroat Assistant" I'm worried that I will be taught to spin yarn and knit socks.  I can picture me hunched over the spinning wheel, fingers bleeding and sweat pouring off my forehead.  Can you unionize with only one employee?  I could start the Amalgamated Spinners & Knitters Local 801.  As much as I may complain to Mrs. Cutthroat about helping with her knitting and spinning adventures, I am truly excited about the progress made and the great yarn and knitted wears being produced.  I hope that many more folks will visit www.cutthroatyarn.com and buy lots and lots of yarn and knitted wears! I hope that after this post Mrs. Cutthroat will allow me to come back and write again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment