Thursday, March 24, 2011

Blackbird Singing in the Dead of Night

My spinning wheel is taunting me.  It is staring from the corner, looking all lonely.  I have nothing to do right now.  I am getting ready to turn on the Shore.  But, other than that, nothing.  I could very easily be spinning.  So, why haven't I jumped on the ol' hobby horse?  I guess I am a little nervous that it is going to hurt.  My wrist looks kind of gross where my surgery was and I am afraid that once I start to spin, it is going to be too painful.  It is totally unbiased fear, for I am typing this blog entry as we speak and my wrist seems to be working just fine.
My life is a graveyard of under-developed hobbies.  I am one of those people who gives up at the first sign of failure.  I think I went rollerblading once.  The first time I fell was the last time I dared to don the blades.  I quit doing ceramics when I failed to finish the overly ambitious nativity scene prior to Christmas.  I stopped playing my guitar when I got bored with playing Blackbird over and over again.
But, knitting!  It is the first hobby in which I feel competent.  And, yarn making is something I love.  I have to stop writing, go over to my little Ashford Traveler and make yarn happen today. 
Also, I wonder if I still remember how to play Blackbird.  My neighbors are about to be really upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment