Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Purple Haze All In My Brain

I love going on vacation!  I just got back from a work trip with my husband to his hometown.  It was a nice break from the four walls that have been a prison because of the wrist surgery.  By the way, wrist is healing nicely and I am back to knitting soon.  Anyway, we only went for the weekend but it was a much needed change of scenery.  While my husband was taking meetings and working, I hit up every yarn shop I could.  I bought several skeins of discontinued yarn in a beautiful lavender.  I realize that buying yarn is crazy when I make yarn to sell.  But, I can't resist a $3 purple cotton blend.  I bought so much this weekend to make, spin, knit, etc.  I'm sure this wouldn't have been the case if I wasn't totally out of commission just before my yarn tour. 
On top of all the things I purchased, on my knitting respite, I dyed a lot of my own fiber.  I went a totally different direction then what I have been going in these days.  RED!  ORANGE!  YELLOW!  I am very excited about the possible combination of colored yarn ahead of me.  My husband thinks I am obsessed with purple, and while he may be right, I am sure there are customers out there who may some day want to knit something for a man.  I give in.  No more purple for a while.   

No comments:

Post a Comment