Tuesday, February 8, 2011

You Can't Say I Don't Love You Just Because I Cheat On You

I am so not myself these days.  I am in a rut.
Lately, I have been so scattered in life and I cannot seem to get my act together.  While normally, I would be the one sitting home on a Saturday night spinning yarn, lately I am the one going out and acting like a 20 year old.  (My 20 year old days were pretty awesome, thanks Melissa's ID.)  Maybe it is the weight loss; 32.5 pounds total.  Maybe it is the winter; very dreary these days.  Maybe it is my impending milestone birthday; 6 months away.  I haven't spun yarn in over a week.  I halfheartedly knitted the cashmere scarf these past few days.  I am cheating on knitting with margaritas, dinners, happy hours, concerts, shopping, and Guitar Hero.  Maybe a class will help to pull me out of this rut.  I have always wanted to learn to make art yarn.  Winter is such a great time to knit because it is cold and you are drinking wine in front of a fireplace.  But, somehow I am super motivated in the summer.  At waterparks.  And, beaches. 
Another alarming change:  I am spending more and more time talking in my cat voice.  It is this baby-talking voice about 3 octaves above my normal voice.  (Anyone with a pet has a voice.  I refuse to believe otherwise.  If you don't have a pet voice, don't tell me.  That would be like telling me that Bill Clinton isn't real.)  The cat voice makes up about 70-85% of my daily speech at home.  As soon as I see my husband, my r's turn to w's.  Tomorrow, I am going to take it down 5%.  Gotta start small.  
I could be finally finding my groove.  I think that it is possible to be a career gal, while owning a teeny tiny business, and losing weight.  It is just hard to keep them all together and even keel.  Is it possible that everything doesn't need be done rightthissecond at break-neck speed?  What is my life going to be like with kids?  Something will have to give.  And, that something will likely be me in the role of the mom from What's Eating Gilbert Grape?  If that was the case, I am sure I would get a crap-ton of knitting done.  I wouldn't be able to move very far.  I would just yell until my kids bring me knitting and fried chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment