Monday, February 14, 2011

Baby, I'm Howlin for You

Oh, how I love Valentine's Day!

I love paper hearts, red knitted hearts, glittery hearts.  This year, I didn't knit anything in particular for Valentine's Day.  I am still stuck on the cashmere.  (Yeah, I know.  So terrible!  I am not even going to start talking about it because it will make me angry all over again.)
I legitimately used to be on the other side, before meeting Mr. Cutthroat.  I used to think that the holiday solely devoted to love was a waste of a day.  At that point, no one ever bought be flowers.  No one ever spent 3 hours trying to get me the best damn Taylor Swift tickets one can ever get.  No one ever made me a Barbie cake for my birthday.  No one ever washed and beat my fiber.  Wow.  That sounds terrible.
Let's be honest:  even if I didn't have my husband, I would be celebrating my love for my spinning wheel.   I really, really love that thing.  If this was a different era, I might have considered marrying it.  Actually, what am I thinking?  It is a girl spinning wheel and that would just be wrong!  (Note sarcasm.) 
When this bearded hunk walked into my life, I was happy to have Valentine's Day.  I hope cupid and the lovebirds can forgive me for being an enemy for so long.  Now, I have embraced my love for glittery hearts.  Today, I wrote a pattern for some beautiful knit hearts.  I am not sure what I will use them for yet.  And, since I  swore a blood oath to knit only the cashmere, I decided to write patterns instead.  Even now, I am trying to celebrate my love for my husband and yarn, although not equally, I am haunted this stupid cashmere yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment