Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Could Be Purple, I Could Be Anything You Like

Tonight, I started to get serious.  We are getting close to the latest round of Sheep and Wool Festivals and I intend to win more ribbons.  I have so many ideas floating through my head for colors and spinning, and I need to make it happen.  I was tempted to buy a cashmere fleece online today.  But, when it came down to it, my brain started screaming:  DEAR GOD!!  WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO YOURSELF!?!  YOU HATE THIS CASHMERE YARN AND NOW YOU WANT TO MAKE MORE!?!?!  YOU ARE AN IDIOT!! 
Good point, inner monologue.  I will probably never even be able to wear a cashmere sweater ever again due to this scarf.  And, I am sure you will all be happy when I finish so you will never have to read about it again. 
But, back to my dye shop in my kitchen...  I find that merino takes on the best color and I never get tired of working with it.  I would like to work with more reds and orange colors.  I tend to live by the philosophy of the brighter the better.  It also might be helpful to do colors that may work for men.  I seem to make an endless supply of lady yarn that would be impossible for a male to pull off.  Whatever I decide to submit for the yarn competitions, I know it has to be spectacular.  I crave ribbons! 

No comments:

Post a Comment