Monday, February 28, 2011

Everybody Must Get Stoned

Cashmere Scarf Update:  I AM ALMOST DONE.  I got so much done last night during the Oscars, it was unbelievable.  I didn't feel guilty for watching TV with idle hands.  They were most certainly busy.  The cashmere ball is now down to the size of a mutant golf ball.  As far as the show goes, I was happy overall.  Mr. Cutthroat and I made it through 8 of the Best Picture nominees and 1 foreign language film, which was great progress.  For some reason, I couldn't force 127 Hours on myself, and we just didn't get around to The Fighter.  I will say that if I could go the rest of my life without another Melissa Leo moment, I would consider that a victory.  Something about her personality really irks me.  Watching her acceptance speech was like nails on a chalkboard.  And, I don't even care about the infamous F bomb.  She is just so fake and she couldn't even squeeze out one single tear.  Also, I could have seriously lived without the foreign language film clips with the guy trying to kill a tiny kitten with hedge trimmers.  Not nice.  That movie clip had an overall negative reaction at my Oscar Party.  Needless to say, I will not be renting any foreign language films from Greece in the foreseeable future.  By the way, was James Franco completely high?  My magic 8 ball says:  signs point to yes.  He sounded more stoned than Kirk Douglas.  That guy was stoned too, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment