Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Trying to Get My Hands on Some Grants, Like Horace

Can we talk about this?  This book, available on various online bookstores, may be the single greatest pattern book in the history of time.  Versatile?  No.  Trendy?  Most certainly.  Useful?  Absolutely not.  However, I do appreciate there is a knitting aspect to a world event that I, like every other 18-62 year old woman, am completely obsessed with.  How long did these patterns take to develop?  This is one reason that I could never write a successful pattern book.  I would give up somewhere around Prince Harry.  But, as cute as this book is, one question remains:  what in the hell do you do with the knitted royal wedding once it is done?  Maybe there are spinsters who will proudly display it.  Maybe there are people who can zip through these patterns while watching the festivities and it's no big deal.  I am neither of those.  I can't even bring myself to make lingerie, and I feel like that may have a use.  Well, maybe not.  I am not sure how hot and bothered my husband is by my knitting.  Maybe this lady has made other pattern books?  An O.J. Simpson Trial book?  Or, Libya Crisis?  Or, Waco?  She could make millions!  Fiona Golbe, call me!

No comments:

Post a Comment