Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I Don't Go to Sleep to Dream

This has been a stressful week.  For every which reason, I have a lot of stuff going on.  Yarn, fundraising, walking, traveling, etc.  Just a lot of stuff.  My brain will not shut off.  I am awake at night, all night thinking about stupid things that could occupy my thoughts during the boring workday.  I wonder when Lady Bird Johnson is going to crank out baby birds?  Can you dye yarn bodily fluids?  How long would it take me to go off the grid completely?  I wonder if I could ever like hummus?  Are the baby birds going to keep me up all night with tiny chirps?  Would I like a cruise?  I wish I had room for a loom!  How does a loom work?  How does a bird lay an egg anyways?  All night long. 
The biggest stress is preparing yarn for a festival this weekend.  I am at a loss for which skein I should enter and which category on top of that!  I am not afraid of losing to a worthy competitor.  I don't feel as confident as I should for operating a small business.  What I am worried about is that the 75 year old judge that has been spinning her entire life finds some amateur flaw, one where I should know better.  I just need to get over it.  If I do well, then awesome.  If I get kicked out because my dye job is horrid, that's fine too.  With as crazy as my life has been these past few days, I can control whether or not I enter the contests with a tiny bit of pride.  I am going to go forth this weekend and make it happen.  After all, I did win the last yarn competition I was in.  Then, after this weekend, I can get back to fundraising, walking, traveling, and feeding baby birds with an eye dropper full of chewed worms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment