Sunday, April 17, 2011

Give Me a Nickel, Brother Can You Spare a Dime

The Cutthroat family has decided to participate in the Susan G. Komen 3 Day, 60 mile walk fundraiser.  The goal is hefty for each walker--$2300.  Mr. Cutthroat and I do not have particularly rich friends and family so we are going to be relying mostly on individual fundraisers.  In a few weeks, we will be holding a silent auction.  My only real skill is all yarn related.  So, I am going to be knitting items for sale, along with knitting lessons.  This has the opportunity for my ego to be stroked or very badly bruised.  On one hand, my knitting lessons could go for $5,000,000!  Or, perhaps $5!  Either way, any amount of money will contribute to the $2300 I will ultimately be responsible for raising.  Now, keep in mind, I am not expecting top billing.  I just hope for a decent showing!  Maybe it would be better if I auction off my husband for a hot date!  He is the best at showing a lady a good time, and he looks great in a suit.  Hey, you have to go to your strengths!  Maybe beyond knitting, I could auction off my angry tirades and "your mom" jokes.  Wait!  I am going about this all wrong!  I need to do a charity rap battle!  I would totally rock that.  I just need to stick to my strengths and wish for the best.  I have a few months to raise the money and I hope that each reader will donate to the cause, and if you want me to, I will teach you to knit or insult people.  Think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment