Monday, July 18, 2011

Can't Stop Till I See My Name on a Blimp

Wholesaler?  I barely know her!

So, I have been busy, extremely busy.  And, as a result, I have had to abandon regular blog updates.  Around Memorial Day, I was spinning and letting my mind wander.  I thought about my Etsy page and what I could be doing better to get my yarn out to the knitting masses.  On a complete whim, I called my favorite yarn store in the D.C. area.  Looped Yarn Works is a cute store in Dupont Circle with such a beautiful collection of yarn.  I connected with the owners and asked if they would ever consider selling yarn of local spinners.  Tada!  This week, 3 Cutthroat Yarn dye lots will be joining the beautiful stock at their studio. 
I was so nervous in dyeing and spinning these particular skeins.  To get everything done, I had to promote Mr. Cutthroat to Chief Dye Inspector.  He is also Yarn Measurement Analyst (or Director of the Niddy Noddy, this one is still being negotiated) .  Oh, and he might also be the courier.  In any event, I need children.  I have to get my own little sweat shop rolling so we can make more progress.  I have been asking around about a sure-fire way to get multiple babies at once.  I am sure I could find a baby friendly carder that won't poke out their eyes or otherwise damage them in any way.  Another invention that I need to create.  And, I clearly need to because my furry frienemies have really taken no interest in participating in the family business.  It's clearly a problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment