Thursday, July 21, 2011

I Can't Stand It, I Know You Planned It

I am famous for many, many things.  To name but a few, I would have to say homemade German Chocolate cupcakes, awesome shuffleboarding skills, world-class defensive driving, and my ability to turn any event into a sporadic dance party.  My chief life skill is having never been outdone in a battle of wills.  This is going to change. 
Right now, I am in a battle of wills with my landlord, a faceless attorney, the lady who checks the mussels at Whole Foods, and one of my cats.  The one that concerns me is my landlord (although the battle with the lady at Whole Foods is going to need extra attention).  Josh, the 20-something Residential Studies major from Cadiz University, is going to ultimately win this epic battle of wills.  A rookie mistake is going to get me in the end.  I got the lease renewal a few weeks ago and they are raising our rent from astronomical to WTF.  Well, after several well-reasoned arguments from Mr. Cutthroat and a few snarky remarks from me, no progress was made.  We must move.  I came home and posted a truthful, though harsh, review of the company.  It was at that moment that my air conditioner went out.  I called and Josh put me on the bottom of the list.  It is 90 degrees in my apartment.  I may as well start doing Bikram Yoga.  And, I can't get my spinning wheel going in this heat because the thought of making yarn from wool is not at all appealing.  I even said that my mother was coming this weekend (true) and that she was elderly (kind of true).  This round goes to my landlord.  Now, I am scouring the internet looking for an apartment I can turn into a yarn studio, at least one with a working air conditioner for my elderly mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment