Saturday, June 18, 2011

Your Cheatin' Heart Will Make You Weak

Today, I tripped into middle aged today with as much grace as a one-legged rodeo clown.  I dragged Mr. Cutthroat to Bikram Yoga this morning at 7 AM.  And, then slept half of the day.  I am up now and watching Cheaters.  So much for wanting to be a productive person today!  I believe in my heart of hearts that I could wake up, do Bikram, knit a sweater, host a dinner party, and if I turned on even 15 minutes of Cheaters, the whole day would reverse any productivity for the whole day, possibly week.  Such a wonderfully, vile show.  When I spin, I have a piece of my day spun right in.  Every time I handle the skein after it is done, it brings back memories of what I was doing that day.  After spinning with Cheaters in the background, handling my yarn several days later still makes me feel trashy.  Trashy television is one part of my youth that I cannot seem to leave behind.  I will be 80 years old chanting terrible phrases at the actors on the screen.  Oh, and you can bet the next dye lot will have a Cheaters-centric name.  Maybe one named after the incomparable "Joey Grecko" himself?

No comments:

Post a Comment