Monday, May 23, 2011

I Know What I Am, They Know What They Are, So Let Me Be

Wow.  It has been 3 weeks since I have last written.  Readers, forgive me. 
So, where did I leave off...  Ah, yes.  The sheep and wool festival. 
Well, they did not kick me out for my yarn submission.  In fact, I got 5th place for my Tequila Sunrise.  I was very happy to have placed in such a competitive environment.  The entries were unbelievable!  The Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival was amazing as always and I always recommend it to knitting and spinning fans.  Also, they are good for anyone who loves to people watch some very strange folks.  My husband goes to see the weirdos in a variety of handmade items.  The year, the weirdo award went to a guy in a nicely knitted pair of shorts (or maybe swim trunks?). 
I do enjoy the gamut of people in attendance.  There are the crazy hippies that appear to be there to buy supplies to live off the land.  Then, you have old ladies wearing every knitted article they have made in the past year, even if the weather is 80 degrees and sunny.  Looking at them makes me sweat.  I wonder if I will be one of these extremes in a few more festivals.  I certainly never wear anything I make to the festivals, and I would probably look terrible going sans bra and in dreadlocks.  The middle ground between the two is a giant ass and a jazzy, which to be honest, is probably pretty likely in 20 years.  Mr. Cutthroat would be pretty hot holding a gyro in one hand and a shepherd's crook in the other.  It is nice to know where you are going to end up in life and lean full force in that direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment