Sunday, August 29, 2010

Everywhere I Go, You Know, I Take Yarn with Me

I always feel like a willing participant in a freak show when I bust my needles out in public.  People I don't know feel compelled to stop and share knitting stories about someone they once knew who's grandma once made a pair of socks, or maybe it was a pair of mittens.  I love sitting somewhere with my knitting and someone gives me that nod and smile, as if to say, "hey, I knit too!"  Maybe I have gone a bit overboard in chosen venues.  Powering through that cable knit scarf at a water park was a tad excessive.  But, in my defense, it was Omaha and I was a new knitter!  I have learned some tough lessons from bringing certain patterns to inconvenient places, such as, never ever bring a project with specific counts to a barbecue--just bring your drop spindle instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment